Wednesday, November 27, 2013

11/27/13

We just took a trip to see some snow, but now it’s good to be back in Lafayette.  Magpies, crossbills, and Ferruginous and Rough-legged hawks were great to see, but when I got back home I was surprised at how excited I was to see mockingbirds around the neighborhood.  I hope the rest of the Thanksgiving break allows a chance to drive to the Gulf and see some of the sparrows and other winter birds that have arrived during the month. If not, I’m sure I’ll have a great time seeing whatever the backyard has to offer.  At the beginning of the year, I decided that I'd spend more time enjoying common birds, and I have.  After a summer that seemed to last forever, I'm especially ready to see the birds that are signs of the winter season. 

Good times afield, all!                 

No comments: